Tuesday 18 September 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Infused Chicken Meatballs

Now that is a mouthful, literally.

I love naturally infusing my meats with fresh flavour. There's no fresher or truer flavour than fresh herbs, spices or in this case, the sweet taste of roasted red pepper.

Meatballs are a great go-to dish because they are so versatile. Aside from the traditional spaghetti and meatballs, you can make a meatball salad, Asian style with rice, use them as an appetizer, dip them in a sauce...the possibilities are endless and the best part is, you can make them in large batches to make different meals during the course of the week or freeze some for later.

Roasted Red Pepper Infused Chicken Meatballs


2 lb Ground Chicken (or other meat/combination)
1 Large Red Bell Pepper
1 Large White Onion
3+ Cloves of Garlic
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste

Note: I used the cayenne to create a sweet and spicy combination with the red pepper.


Place Red Pepper, Onion & Garlic into food processor for fine chopping. Mix all ingrdients in a large bowl with hands and make meatball rounds. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20-30 minutes, checking regularly.


For a side dish, I wanted something that would be fresh and cut the spice of the cayenne. I decided to test out the Roasted Parmesan Green Beans I've been hearing so much about. My sister told me to dip them in coconut oil, then parmesan cheese and they'd be ready for the oven. It was that easy. I'll share more details and photo in an upcoming post.


Bon Appétit!

 
Pin It

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sound delicious! I love meatballs and can't wait to try these. Thanks!

Unknown said...

These look amazing! Trying this recipe as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing :)

Brittany
Secondhandsolace.blogspot.com

erica said...

Oh my word these sounds delish! Definitely going to give the recipe a try! xo

Cassidy said...

Girl this meal looks delish! I gotta try out spicing up my green beans that way too.

Johlet said...

This looks so good!

http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Jenn said...

All of that looks absolutely delicious. My mouth is definitely watering.

Stopping by from WW link party to say hi.
www.atravelingwife.blogspot.com

Anna @ IHOD said...

These sound divine! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe:) Can't wait to try!

Unknown said...

yum- definitely making these this week! New follower from the blog hop, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...