Tuesday 4 September 2012

Concord Grapes & Your Health


I was sitting eating a bunch of Concord Grapes while innocently scrolling through Pinterest when I spotted this picture of...Concord Grapes! Out of curiosity I followed the link to Five Health Benefits, an article by Chatelaine Magazine (see link for further details).

1. Decrease blood pressure with concord grapes

2. Concord grapes are anti-inflammatory

3. Eat grapes to stay (mentally) sharp

4. Boost your immunity with concord grapes

5. Concord grapes maintain healthy breast tissue



I felt a lot better about my Pinterest session, I mean my eating of the grapes.

I received the grapes as part of my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Weekly Fruit & Veggie Box. It's packed full of local/seasonal produce at a reasonable price. This helps me with my weekly grocery shopping and supporting local farmers. Anyone else do this?

They also shared with me a recipe for Grape Jelly, by Canadian Living...just in case these grapes are too sour on their own. 


Bon Appétit!
Pin It

5 comments:

Johlet said...

That's so cool!
Wish they could do stuff like that health box in South Africa.

http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Laura said...

I have never heard of a fruit and veggie box. That is a great concept. I am usually disgusted by the lack of freshness in the produce section of my grocery store. I may check and see if we have something like that here. Have a great week!

Citrus - Refreshing Fashion said...

Just found your site and am your newest follower! Can't wait to learn more about designing! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow me as well!

citrusrefreshing.blogspot.com

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Woah I had no idea! I absolutely love concord grapes! I could eat them by the bucket. Now I have even more reasons to like them :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

one of my favorites....my guy gets them for me :)
Thank you for your kind comments as always oxox

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...